GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — What is called a Rapid Response Economic Relief Fund has been created by the Greater Grand Rapids Chamber Foundation to support small businesses in West Michigan through short-term financial relief.
- Grants have been awarded to 44 applicants totalling $415,000, the foundation said in a release.
- While about $1 million has been donated to the effort, the foundation says its goal is $3 million, which would be used to help businesses with five to 25 full-time employees. Grants will amount to $5,000 to $10,000.
The foundation listed these companies and foundations as supporters:
- CDV5 Foundation
- Daniel and Pamella DeVos Foundation
- Dick and Betsy DeVos Family Foundation
- Doug and Maria DeVos Foundation
- Jandernoa Foundation
- Kate and Richard Wolters Foundation
- Peter C. & Emajean Cook Foundation
- Priority Health
- Profile Films