LANSING, Mich. — The Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration on Friday cited nine businesses for COVID-19 safety violations – including three in West Michigan.
Citations carry fines of up to $7,000 and were based on on-site inspections, according to a news release.
The state says the businesses’ deficiencies included lack of health screenings, masks, employee training, cleaning measures and overall preparedness plans.
Cited companies will have 15 working days to contest the violations and penalties.
The citations include suggestions to fix the hazards to protect employees, and employers must provide proof to the state that the changes have been made.
Businesses cited are:
- River City Reproductions & Graphics in Kentwood
- Jerry’s Tire in Lake Odessa
- Andersons Service Center in Midland
- FireRock Grille in Caledonia
- Lane Automotive in Watervliet
- U B Tan in Fenton
- Minority Auto Handling Specialists in Woodhaven
- Value City Furniture in Flint
- Tawas Bay Beach Resort in East Tawas