LANSING, Mich. — Two local businesses have been cited by the state for COVID-19 workplace safety violations.
Brandon Martinez, a residential construction company based in Grand Rapids, was fined $2,100.
Violations included failing to require masks for employees when social distancing could not be maintained, failing to train employees and failing to develop and follow a preparedness and response plan.
The other business was Musselman Home Improvements, LLC based in Kalamazoo.
They were also fined $2,100 for similar violations.
Eight other businesses across the state received fines:
- Cops and Doughnuts in Bay City
- Tel-12 Cloverleaf BP Inc in Southfield
- City of Port Huron
- Madco Truck Plaza Inc in Romulus
- Saginaw Housing Commission in Saginaw
- Meritage Hospitality Group Inc. Dba Wendy’s at 18001 E 9 Mile Road in Eastpointe
- Merlo Construction Company based in Milford