- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Cup Strawberries, Chopped
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Sugar (I use a little less than ½ cup if using alcohol)
- ⅛ Cup of Your Favorite Rum (Optional)
- ½ of a Lemon, Juiced
- Handful of Chopped Strawberries
- Handful of Blueberries
- Vegan Glazed Donuts
- Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- ½ Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Add raspberries, strawberries, water, sugar, rum, and the juice from ½ of a lemon to a saucepan. Bring to a low, gentle boil. Stir regularly to prevent sticking. Once raspberries have fully broken apart (about 6 - 8 minutes) and sauce is integrated, remove sauce heat to allow to cool.
- Once cooled, fold in fresh chopped strawberries and blueberries.
- Heat your grill.
- On a plate, put cinnamon and sugar; stir to mix.
- Slice your donuts in half. Place both halves onto the grill for a few seconds to make the grill marks on the outer sides. Use tongs or another grill utensil to remove donuts from the grill.
- They will be hot! And the sugar on them will burn you painfully if touched, so please be careful.
- While donuts are a little warm, coat the glazed side in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Place the bottom half of the donut on a plate. Top with a scoop of ice cream.
- Then, pour a large spoonful of your berry rum mixture on top of the donut. Top with the other half of the donut.
- Serve immediately.
- Wooden Skewers
- Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- Ancho Chili Powder
- Maple Syrup
- Heat your grill.
- Before using wooden skewers, let’s prep them. Grab a large baking dish (one that’s a little longer than your skewers), and place lay the skewers inside. Pour enough water in the baking dish to over skewers. Press the skewers in the way to ensure they are covered.
- While your skewers are soaking, cut your fruit into cubes. It’s helpful to keep the final cuts about the same size. (I used frozen pineapple and mango to trim back time required to cut fruit.)
- Slide your fruit on each skewer in your favorite style.
- Place skewers on the grill for up to 5 minutes on each side. I chose to grill each side for one minute.
- Remove skewers from the grill, set aside, and allow a few moments to cool.
- Then get creative for with your toppings.
For more delicious recipes, visit mightbevegan.co/blog.