Spectrum Health has stepped in to assist the Black and Brown communities in Grand Rapids that have been particularly hard hit by COVID-19.
Through a Spectrum Health program called More Life Más Vida, about 2,000 families have received free Care Kits that contain face masks, cleaning supplies, and educational materials to assist in slowing the spread of the virus.
More Life Más Vida Care Kits are available at the following locations:
- Hispanic Center of West Michigan, 1204 Grandville Ave SW
- Linc Up, 1167 Madison Ave. SE
- New City Kids, 960 Alpine Ave NW
- Crossroads Alternative High School, 28 60th St SE
- SuperMercado Mexico, 1546 Clyde Park Ave SW
More Life Más Vida is a free one-year program designed to help participants understand the status of their current health, risk for diabetes and cardiovascular disease, and simple behavior changes they can make to positively impact their well-being.
To learn more about COVID-19 resources provided by Spectrum Health, visit spectrumhealth.org/covid19.