1. Looking for a new job or know someone who is? Blain's Farm and Fleet is looking to hire approximately 100 employees for its new store in Standale, which is slated to open in October.
The job fair is taking place at the new store and goes until 6 p.m.
Jobs are full and part-time positions, including cashiers, customer service representatives, sales associates, and service center technicians.
Blain's has been expanding throughout Michigan over the past few years, opening locations in Jackson, Portage, Traverse City, and Holland.
2. Cleaning 100 state forests in 100 days. Several conservation groups are teaming up to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the National Association of State Foresters.
Michigan Cares for Tourism is the group leading the effort. They're challenging tourism professionals individually, or in small groups, to adopt-a-forest this month.
Volunteers can register for the event, find a clean-up site, and sign the waiver at MichiganCaresForTourism.com.
3. It's beginning to look a lot like the holiday shopping season, with Walmart announcing its annual top rate kids toys for 2020.
36 of this holiday's hottest items are featured, all rated and graded by the ones who know toys best: kids.
This year's collection focuses on interactive and educational toys, as well as screen-free indoor entertainment and energy-burning outdoor activities.
Some of the items to look out for include the Gotta Go Flamingo, Ryan's World Vending Machine, and Jetson Plasma Light Up Hoverboard.
4. Reese's has a new way to satisfy that salty-sweet craving. The candy company best known for its chocolate and peanut butter cups has announced a snack cake.
The chocolate and peanut butter creme cakes are being billed as a mid-morning treat.
They come two to a pack with a $2 price tag.
Look for Reese's Snack Cakes in stores this December.
5. Target is adding 600 more products to the Good & Gather food and beverage brand.
The brand first launched with 650 items, from dairy and produce to ready-made pasta and pantry staples. It has since grown to include other products such as plant-based meats, yogurt, and other products.
This fall, it will showcase creations across almost every food category. Target's team of talented food experts have been whipping up incredible creations like jalapeno avocado hummus, frozen zucchini spirals, and so much more.