1. Starting today, Walker residents will have another option when it comes to grocery shopping. Right now, Aldi is opening its newest location on Wilson Avenue in Standale.
The new store is part of the company's national expansion plan to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by the end of 2022.
The chain says it's known for offering high-quality groceries at affordable prices.
2. Kids Food Basket is celebrating the opening of its new permanent location in Holland.
The newly renovated building is located near US-31 and 32nd Street and was a result of raising $2.5 million. The expansion will provide nourishing meals for food-insecure children in Ottawa and Allegan counties.
This is the second permanent location for Kids' Food Basket after the Grand Rapids headquarters one year ago.
In total, the organization serves more than 8,800 kids at more than 50 schools across West Michigan.
3. When Tupperware first became popular it relied on social gatherings for success, but now, social distancing is driving its sales.
Fewer people are eating out amid the pandemic, and opening cookbooks instead. In turn, that means people need something to hold leftovers.
Tupperware says its profit quadrupled in the last quarter to more than $34 million. This comes after the company saw negative sales for the last five years.
4. Sick of working from home? How about working from a hotel instead? Marriott international is offering a new service for people working remotely called Marriott Bonvoy.
It lets you check-in in the morning, and check out either that same evening or early the next day. More than 40 percent of people surveyed said it would help break up daily monotony.
Plus they said it separates work and family life, makes them feel less claustrophobic, and offers reliable Wi-Fi.
Cities offering this service include Atlanta, Dallas, New York, London and Hong Kong, but they do plan to expand.
5. Reebok is out with some scary-cool new footwear, just in time for Halloween.
The Ghostbusters sneaker is part of a new collection inspired by the film franchise.
The collection includes two pairs of sneakers, dubbed "Ghost Smashers" and "Classic Leather". There are also several shirts and jumpsuits available.
Reebok says items from the collection will be sold online on Halloween night.
The Classic Leather shoes will run you $100 while the Ghost Smashers cost a cool $150.