1. The official end to the season for Kent County Parks is October 31. However, that doesn't mean you can no longer visit.
For the most part, all of the parks will remain open, but some of the hours change. As a guideline, most parks will open at 7 a.m. and close at sunset with a few exceptions.
Also, most of the bathrooms will be closed. Trails will remain open as well but may be in poor condition depending on the weather.
For more details on off-season park limitations, go to kentcountyparks.org.
2. Retail giants are aiming to make your holiday shopping a little more bearable. Target has set up a new reservation system to curb bit crowds outside of stores.
Head to target.com/line to find your local store and see if there's a long wait.
If lines are long, you can reserve a spot online, and then Target will text you when it's your turn to shop.
Customers can also check out and pay using the Target App, and make use of additional drive-up spots.
3. Face masks have been the necessary fashion accessory of 2020, and the latest trend is adding another dimension to them.
First, there was a face covering that looked and smelled like bacon, now the new custom mask from Jack In The Box can not only help protect you from the pandemic, it has the benefit of smelling like fried chicken.
It's also a promotion for the fast-food burger chain's new chicken sandwich. The mask is decorated with the new sandwich, smiley faces, and the Jack In The Box logo.
4. You'll soon be able to get your Chick-Fil-A sauce fix from your local grocery store. The company is set to sell bottles of its Chick-Fil-A and Polynesian sauces in select states.
They should hit stores like Walmart starting mid-November and will be in stores nationwide next year.
The chain says 100 percent of the royalties will be donated to a scholarship fund for Chick-Fil-A employees.
5. Whether it's in your latte of sitting out on your front porch, today's the day to celebrate everyone's favorite gourd, because it's National Pumpkin Day!
The name comes from the Greek word "pepon", which translates to "large melon."
While they're fun to decorate and carve for Halloween, pumpkins are also packed with nutrients like Vitamin C, making them the perfect treat for the fall season.
The Guinness World Record for the heaviest pumpkin is just over 2,600 pounds.