1. It's National Wear Red Day, meant to raise awareness about the cardiovascular disease among women as part of the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women Campaign.
This year, the pandemic has prevented in-person Go Red events, but free virtual events are still being offered in West Michigan.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, heart disease is the leading cause of death in the country. But Go Red For Women says 80 percent of cardiac events could be prevented through education and lifestyle changes like exercising more, eating better, and managing your blood pressure.
2. Don't miss The Big Give in downtown Holland on Saturday, February 6.
Close to 35 downtown Holland businesses will be donating 10 percent of all sales to local non-profit organizations all day long.
A full list of participating businesses and their selected non-profit organizations can be viewed on The Big Give Facebook event page.
3. A new restaurant overlooking downtown Grand Rapids is now open for business.
MDRD is located on the 27th floor of the recently renovated glass tower at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. It's a Spanish-inspired restaurant featuring artwork, custom lighting, and bright murals of Spanish neighborhoods created by local artists.
MDRD is open Tuesday through Saturday.
4. It's the latest in viral illusions. This one is from the Facebook group Aldi Mums and features an avocado with its seed visible. Or maybe it isn't visible and that's just the imprint that it made after it was removed?
The photo is causing quite the debate on social media and no one can quite figure out exactly whether or not the avocado has a seed or not. Even the person who posted the photo claims to not know the answer.
Let us know what you think! Settle the debate on our Facebook page.
5. Dolly Parton is back working nine to five, for the Super Bowl!
Parton re-recorded her 41-year-old workplace anthem, "Nine to Five," but with a twist. Instead, in the song, the country music legend is working Five-to-Nine.
Parton remixed the lyrics for Squarespace's Super Bowl Ad. The e-commerce platform's ad celebrates those working side-hustles.
Super Bowl 55 is on Sunday as the Kansas City Chiefs take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.