1. The home of the West Michigan Whitecaps is getting a new name. After two decades, Fifth Third Ballpark will now be known as LMCU Ballpark, and it will stay that way for the next 10 years.
The Whitecaps announced the rights deal with Lake Michigan Credit Union on Tuesday Morning.
The stadium in Comstock Park first debuted in 1994 as Old Kent Park before becoming Fifth Third Ballpark in 2000.
2. Greater Ottawa County United Way is offering free support for anyone who needs help filing their taxes.
MyFreeTaxes.com is in its 12th year. The online tool provides several tools that allow filers to check for any errors or mistakes to ensure they receive their maximum tax refund.
You can also speak with a real person trained by the IRS by calling the helpline it's open every day from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
3. According to a new study, Michigan is among the top 10 most hated states in the country.
Career website Zippia says to determine their ranking of the least-liked states, they looked at data from each state's residents and the country as a whole.
They compared each state across three metrics: the percent of residents who told Gallup their state is the "worst possible state to live in," the states with the biggest decrease in population, and the number of other states who say they hate a state the most.
Where did Michigan rank? Number 7 with Illinois taking the top spot.
4. Maybe a Shamrock Shake will put all of the haters in a better mood? McDonald's announced the Shamrock Shake and the Oreo Shamrock McFlurry will return to participating McDonald's nationwide starting February 15 for a limited time.
The Shamrock Shake was created in 1967 by Hal Rosen, a Connecticut McDonald's owner-operator who invented the shake in celebration of St. Patrick's Day.
5. Nike is out with a snazzy new product that's a true sign of the times: a hands-free shoe.
The "Go Fly-Ease" is the sports apparel giant's first pair of lace-less sneakers that can easily be put on a removed without using your hands.
Taking them off is as simple as stepping on the heal.