1. After more than two months, bars and restaurants across Michigan are set to reopen today.
There are still some restrictions like only being able to have 25 percent capacity, enforced social distancing, a 10 p.m. curfew, and tables will also be limited to a maximum of six people.
Of course, bars and restaurants are asking everyone to be patient and help them follow these COVID regulations so they don't have to take any steps back.
The latest round of restrictions is currently set to run through February 21.
2. February is Black History Month, following months of historical events. Although people won't be able to gather this year, there are plenty of virtual events to take part in.
On Saturday, the Smithsonian Anacostia Community Museum in Washington will host an online panel to kick off an exhibition opening dedicated to black men throughout history.
The Association for the Study of African American Life and History will be hosting virtual events the whole month as part of its 95th annual festival.
There will also be plenty of book releases that highlight the lives of black women and men throughout history.
3. The family of the late Peter Secchia is making sure active-duty military and veterans have the support to pursue a degree at Grand Valley State University.
Thanks to a generous gift from the family, the Peter Secchia Military and Veterans program will expand student and career support and programming and help with the transition from military to civilian careers.
The university also announced the GVSU Veteran Promise last year which guarantees admission for enlisted 2021 Michigan high school graduates.
4. The Detroit Lions have found their trade partner for 12-year veteran Matthew Stafford.
He is headed to the Los Angeles Rams. In trade, the Lions will pick up quarterback Jared Goff, two future first-round picks, and a third-round selection. This comes as Detroit ushers in a new era with general manager Brad Holmes taking over the front office and head coach Dan Campbell patrolling the sidelines.
Holmes was a scout with The Rams when they drafted Goff so he knows what the Lions are getting.
5. A West Michigan distillery is teaming up with a local chocolatier once again on Valentine's Day.
For years, Long Road Distillery and Mokaya Chocolate have been the perfect pairing on Valentine's Day, inviting guests to the distillery for a spirit and chocolate tasting, but this year they are bringing the experience to them.
The tasting features a variety of long road distilleries spirits and custom Mokaya Chocolates.
Long Road is currently taking pre-orders for the kits on its website, and they will be available by pick-up only at their locations, in Grand Rapids, Boyne City, and Grand Haven.