1. After nearly two years of construction, the Terminal Apron at Ford International Airport is complete.
That area is where aircraft are parked, loaded, de-iced, and re-fueled.
The $30 million project removed aging concrete pavement and replaced it with new concrete. There's also new LED lighting to reduce energy usage.
The reconstruction project received most of its support through federal funding.
2. Easy access for cancer patients is what a new center by Ascension Borgess will provide.
The facility will be near the intersection of Stadium Drive and Drake Road in Oshtemo Township, just down the road from US 131, making it easily accessible for patients.
Groundbreaking on the project is planned for this upcoming spring, with the hope to open in June of 2021.
3. As the year is coming to a close, Google is revealing the 10 most searched health related questions in 2019.
The tech giant says users had a lot of questions, but the top three are:
- How to lower blood pressure
- The Keto Diet
- How to get rid of hiccups
What causes hiccups topped Google's list of trending health related questions last year.
Google says the list was based on search terms collected between January of this year and early December.
Google says the list was based on search terms collected between January of this year and early December
4. The crowd-sourced navigation app Waze is rolling out a new feature. The app will now tell drivers where there's icy and unplowed roads.
This comes just in time for the winter weather in West Michigan.
Drivers will see a snowflake icon on their display with unplowed road written beside it to indicate poor driving conditions ahead.
Additionally, if drivers see an unplowed road that hasn't been reported, drivers can also report that fact for others to see.
5. The world of fruity yogurt and fruity candy has collided. Yoplait has teamed up with a candy line to create a limited-edition line of yogurt.
Starburst is now a flavor of yogurt, four flavors to be exact: strawberry, cherry, lemon, and orange.
Some have already been spotted on Kroger shelves, but a nationwide roll-out at all retailers is not scheduled until January 2020.