1. There will soon be a new place in Grand Rapids to grab a bagel and coffee. Terra Restaurant in Grand Rapids has announced they'll be expanding into the bagel business.
Terra Bagel will offer a variety of bagel sandwiches, homemade lox and pastrami, and coffee. Gluten-free and vegan options will also be available for those with dietary restrictions. Like the restaurant, it will also be farm-to-table.
The new bagel shop will be just two doors down from Terra in Eastown on Lake Drive.
Terra Bagel will be open seven days a week, but no opening date has been announced. Be sure to follow them on Facebook for more updates.
2. Get your cosplays ready, because Grand Rapids Comic-Con is still on, but they need a little extra help.
There is an online store on their website now, featuring work from artists and vendors who are scheduled to attend.
Comic-Con doesn't need some help promoting the event this year, they're also searching for a few more investors too.
The three-day event begins on November 13 at DeVos Place.
3. Cotton candy, elephant ears, hot dogs, oh my! There are only a few days left for the Drive-Thru Food Carnival at Woodland Mall in Kentwood.
The event is set up in the parking lots of the mall.
Funnel cakes, fresh lemonade, and all kinds of carnival food goods will be available.
Organizers ask that you enter near Von Maur, and are reminding everyone to wear their face masks.
The event runs from now through Sunday, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day. Organizers are planning for it to be even busier than it was last weekend.
4. One teenager is transforming a popular social media app into a teaching tool.
Santos Tuz is taking to TikTok to educate others about the Mayan language.
The 18-year-old lives in an area of Mexico once occupied by the Mayan empire.
He's now helping his more than 34,000 TikTok followers to learn the ancient language.
Tuz's lessons cover a range of topics from animals, to numbers, to everyday objects.
5. A photographer in Arkansas may have gotten the most magical job of the year.
Photographer Desirae Deal helped transformed one little girl into a mermaid for a photoshoot for her 8th birthday.
Deal said all the birthday girl wanted was for her dad to join in on the fun. The photos do not disappoint.
Deal took to Facebook afterward, saying the laughs, the joy, and the memories they created were the absolute best gift he could have given her.