1. More people in rural Kent County can get help with basic needs thanks to a $3 million expansion at North Kent Connect.
They broke ground on Monday for the 12,000-square-foot addition, nearly doubling its capacity. This will allow them to expand their food pantry and offer more fresh, healthy options, more educational programs, mental health, and substance abuse services through Arbor Circle, and expanding the West Michigan Works to help people in their job search.
North Kent Connect is also excited about another new addition, North Kent Interfaith Hospitality Network.
The organization provides basic needs for places like Cedar Springs, Kent City, and Sparta. The expansion means they'll be helping even more people.
2. The Grand Rapids Asian Pacific Festival has transformed into an Asian Food Drive Thru this year.
The event will be held at Riverside Park from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday with precautions held to keep down the spread of COVID 19. All guests are asked to stay in their vehicles and must exit the grounds after receiving their food.
More information and a menu of items will be posted on the event's Facebook page.
3. The Grand Rapids Art Museum announced its plans to reopen.
There is a soft opening on July 25 for members, and they'll open to the general public the following weekend, August 1.
The art museum extended a few of their exhibitions to give people more time to check them out.
Of course, there are new safety measures in place. Learn more at artmuseumgr.org.
4. The legendary 2021 Ford Bronco has officially made its global debut after a 25-year hiatus.
There are three different versions: a two-door midsize version of the off-road SUV, a four-door version, and a smaller off-roader called the Bronco Sport.
The Bronco Sport will be on the market at the end of this year, and the other two next spring.
Reserve any of the three for just $100 on ford.com.
5. Who's ready to grab some tissues and a good Hallmark wine? The Hallmark Channel is pre-selling two Christmas-themed wines.
It says "Jingle's 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon" offers holiday spice, and "Joy's 2019 Sauvignon Blanc" has a joyous finish.
The Hallmark Channel is known for its holiday movies. Right now it's in the middle of its Christmas in July event.