No need for an oversized truck or even a car, a bicycle is all that's needed for an upcoming food donation event, Cranksgiving.
Bikers need to gather grocery items from the list below, and then bike the food donations to the Community Action House, located at 345 West 14th Street in Holland.
The following items are requested:
- 2 cans of meat (chicken, tuna)
- 4 cans of beans (black, pinto)
- 4 cans of fruit (peaches, applesauce)
- 2 boxes of mac and cheese
- 2 boxes of pasta or pasta sides
- 1 box cold cereal
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 bag of rice (32 oz.)
- 1 container of oats
- 2 cans of green beans
- 2 cans of corn
- 2 cans of broth
- 1 cornbread mix
- 1 box of stuffing mix
- 1 box of cake mix
- 1 container of oil (16 oz.)
Cranksgiving, the DIY Bike Ride, and Food Drive will take place on November 7. Donations can be dropped off from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
To learn more, visit velo-citycycles.com or call (616)-355-2000.