It's National Mocktail Week, a week to officially recognize and celebrate those that love a well-crafted cocktail without the alcohol.
Nate Blury, owner of the Original Tin Cup, shares some alcohol-free cocktails people can enjoy!
There are plenty of ways to substitute alcohol in drinks for those looking to start the year "dry":
- Non-alcoholic swaps, seltzers that are Local
- Fresh fruits as garnishes
- Non-alcoholic spirit Substitutes
- Sparkling juices
For example, when making a Moscow Mule, the vodka can be replaced with a seltzer.
Check out these other cocktail recipes that are alcohol-free.
- 8 oz Redbull, sugar-free lime edition
- 2 oz white grape juice cucumber
- Lime slices
- Garnish the glass with cucumber slices and limes
- 1oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 2 oz ginger beer
- 1/2 tbs grenadine
- 2 dashes bitters
- Mix together and garnish with orange and pineapple slices.
For more cocktail recipes, visit originaltincup.com.
For those interested in starting the year alcohol-free, Better Drinking Culture has plenty of resources on how to have a healthier and more positive relationship with and without alcohol. They also have advice on practical ways to not miss drinking alcohol.