GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- With temps on the rise and humidity increasing over the weekend, Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital is offering some tips to stay hydrated.
Todd Buckingham, Ph.D, Exercise Physiologist at Mary Free Bed Sports Rehabilitation's Performance Lab joined us in-studio with some tips.
Importance of Water
* Promotes cardiovascular health
* Keeps your body cool
* Keeps you joints working and moving better
* Helps cleanse your body, kidneys and blood
Tips for Getting More Water
* Always start the day with a drink of water
* Body’s signal for hunger and thirst are the same, so try taking a drink of water first
* If you don’t like drinking water try a low calorie crystal light versus sugary and higher calorie drinks like soda