GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- The City of Grand Rapids is inviting residents out to a community forum to meet the final candidates for city manager.
Right now there are five candidates in the running to replace retired city manager Greg Sundstrom.
• Tom Almonte, acting interim deputy city manager and managing director of public services for the City of Grand Rapids
• Peter Auger, city manager of Novi, Mich.
• Michael Cernech, city manager of Tamarac, Fla.
• April McGrath Lynch, city manager of Ferndale, Mich.
• Mark Washington, assistant city manager of Austin, Texas
Residents can meet the candidates at a community forum tonight which starts at 5:30 p.m. inside the Ryerson Auditorium at the Grand Rapids Public Library.
The candidates will then undergo a final round of interviews Tuesday at city hall.
If needed, a second round of interviews will be held Tuesday august 7.
The city commission hopes to have a new city manager in place by early September.
To learn more about each candidate, click here.