Dr. John Humphrey and Stephanie Patterson, RDN, CSO shared tips on reducing your cancer risk. For more, call 1-855-SHCANCER.
The Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well event is coming up March 23. For more, visit SHMG.org/events .
No-bake Energy Bites
Servings: about 18
- 1 cup oats (uncooked)
- ½ cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup dried fruit
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or other flavor extract such as almond or coconut)
- Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients separate then all together in a medium bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy
Nutrition per serving: 139 calories, 7 grams fat, 15 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 3 grams protein