GRAND RAPIDS, Mich — It is District finals week and there is hardware to be handed out.
In the game of the week, Comstock Park (8-2) is making it’s sixth straight district finals appearance while Forest Hills Eastern (9-1) is making it’s first. These two teams combined to score 82 points in their first round wins last Friday and plenty of points should be put up in this division 4 district title game.
Hudsonville (7-3) looks for a three-peat in the Blitz Battle as the Eagles try to not only win a third straight division 1 district championship but do it with a win at Rockford (7-3) for the third straight year. The Rams beat Hudsonville, 28-27, at the Ted just two weeks in Tyler Bradfield’s first game as starting quarterback.
Zeeland East (7-3) plays at East Grand Rapids (7-3) in division 3 and it’s the first time these schools have met since the regional final in 2010 when then Chix quarterback T.J. Vandyken hit Tanner Bryant for the apparent game-winning touchdown but Bryant’s toes was on the out of bounds line, EGR won the game, 17-13, and went on to win the division 3 state title, it’s 5th straight.
Other games on the docket for the Blitz Friday night include:
- Division 2 – Byron Center (8-2) at Lowell (9-1)
- Division 3 – Vicksburg (8-2) at Coldwater (10-0)
- Division 4 – Unity Christian (7-3) vs. Grand Rapids Catholic Central (9-1) at GR Christian
- Division 4 – Benton Harbor (6-4) at Zeeland West (10-0)
- Division 5 – West Catholic (8-2) at Reed City (10-0)
- Division 5 – Lansing Catholic (9-1) at Portland (10-0)
- Division 6 – Montague (10-0) vs. NorthPointe Christian (10-0) at Comstock Park
- Division 6 – Constantine (6-4) at Watervliet (9-1)
- Division 7 – Saugatuck (10-0) at Pewamo-Westphalia (10-0)
- Division 8 – Pittsford (7-3) at Climax-Scotts (10-0)