GRAND RAPIDS, Mich — The Blitz will air a little late Friday night due to game 1 of the American League Championship Series. We will be on 30 minutes after the conclusion of the post game show.
The game of the week might just be the game of the year as Mona Shores (7-0) hosts Muskegon (6-1) for first place in the OK Black. Last year they met at Hackley Stadium in week nine when the Sailors scored 20 unanswered points in the 3rd quarter to win the conference title, 48-27. This year the Big Reds have won six straight games after falling in week 1 to Detroit Catholic Central. Shores has won all seven of it’s game by at least 21 points, Friday night should be their toughest test to date.
East Grand Rapids (5-2) and Lowell (6-1) meet Friday in what might be the final meeting for awhile. East is expected to go to the OK Gold next season as part of the OK Conference realignment and that means that it would likely take a playoff meeting to bring these great rivals together. The Pioneers start the week one game behind the Red Arrows in the OK White standings.
The West Michigan Conference title is on the line in the Blitz Battle as Oakridge (6-1) travels to Montague (7-0). Since 2000, the Eagles have won at least a share of the WMC 12 times, the Wildcats 3 and have finished 2nd five other times.
Other game we are attempting to have highlights from Friday:
- Cedar Springs (5-2) at FH Eastern (7-0)
- FH Northern (6-1) at Wyoming (1-6)
- Hudsonville (6-1) at Grandville (4-3)
- Grand Haven (2-5) at East Kentwood (5-2)
- Rockford (4-3) at West Ottawa (2-5)
- Lakeshore (4-3) at Mattawan (4-3)
- Plainwell (4-3) at Sturgis (5-2)
- Climax-Scotts (7-0) at Spring Lake (3-4)
- Saugatuck (7-0) at Delton-Kellogg (5-2)
- Schoolcraft (7-0) at Constantine (4-3)
- Watervliet (6-1) at Decatur (5-2)
- Zeeland West (7-0) at Holland Christian (3-4)
- GR Catholic (6-1) at Thornapple-Kellogg (3-4)
- Hastings (2-5) vs. Ottawa Hills (4-3) at Houseman Field
- Orchard View (2-5) at Muskegon Heights (2-4)
- Comstock Park (5-2) at Allendale (4-3)
- GR Christian (4-3) at Jenison (3-4)
The Blitz airs at approximately midnight Friday after game 1 of the American League Championship Series .