GRAND RAPIDS, Mich — Week seven of the high school football season brings several games that will decide conference champions. Our game of the week won’t necessarily decide the OK Red but it sure is important as Rockford (4-2) hosts East Kentwood (4-2). The Rams are tied for first place in the OK Red standings with Hudsonville heading into Friday night. Last Year Rockford and East Kentwood shared the OK Red title, EK won the regular season game 35-3.
The top two teams in the OK Blue meet in the Blitz Battle as Comstock Park (5-1) hosts West Catholic (4-2). The Falcons have won six of the seven meetings dating back to 2008.
Other games we will attempt to get highlights from include:
- Watervliet (5-1) at Delton-Kellogg (5-1)
- Gobles (4-2) at Schoolcraft (6-0)
- Byron Center (5-1) at Zeeland West (6-0)
- Holland Christian (3-3) vs. Unity Christian (4-2) at Jenison
- Coldwater (6-0) at Harper Creek (3-3)
- Ottawa Hills (4-2) vs. GR Catholic Central (5-1) at Grand Rapids Christian
- Forest Hills Eastern (6-0) at Wyoming (1-5)
- Cedar Springs (4-2) at Greenville (2-4)
- Godwin Heights (4-2) vs. NorthPointe Christian (6-0) at Forest Hills Eastern
- Lowell (5-1) at Forest Hills Central (2-4)
- Grand Rapids Christian (4-2) at Caledonia (2-4)
- Jenison (3-3) at East Grand Rapids (4-2)
- Portage Northern (3-3) at Portage Central (6-0)
- Mattawan (3-3) at Battle Creek Central (3-3)
- Perry (2-4) at Lakewood (6-0)
- Hesperia (6-0) at Lakeview (4-2)
- Fremont (0-6) at Muskegon Catholic Central (4-1)
- West Ottawa (2-4) at Hudsonville (5-1)
- Reeths-Puffer (3-3) at Muskegon (5-1)
- Mona Shores (6-0) vs. Grand Rapids Union (1-5) at Houseman Field
The Blitz airs Friday night at 10:30 p.m. with a full hour of highlights, reaction and analysis.