ROCKFORD, Mich. — The Rockford teen who will plead guilty to his involvement in a series of bomb threats in the school district has been expelled.
According to Rockford Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Michael Shibler, the school board met in an executive session Monday night and decided to expel the student for the upcoming school year.
Kent County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Chris Becker told FOX 17 earlier this month that the student did not directly make the threats to Rockford High School and school officials that have been occurring since October 2014. However, he said the teen provided information to others in Texas, Massachusettes and the United Kingdom to make the threats.
Becker said the student has cooperated with the investigation and helped identify the other suspects. He is expected to plead guilty in August and will be liable to repay restitution costs to law enforcement and Rockford schools.
Officials said at a press conference that the total cost of the threats was roughly $131,000.