Belle Tire has several tips on how to keep your vehicles tires in shape this summer.
85% of vehicle owners do not check their tire pressure regularly! It’s just one of those things we don’t think about until it’s obvious there is a problem or it’s too late. Even with all the high tech features found in today's modern automobiles, tires are probably the single most important safety feature on your vehicle. Without tires, you're not going anywhere. One of the easiest ways to maintain the performance and longevity of your tires is to keep them properly inflated. Check air pressure in all four tires at least once a month, or before a long trip, and inflate them to your vehicle manufacturer's recommended level. This information is also often located on a placard in the vehicle's doorjamb. Here are a few things you can do to keep your tires properly inflated and in good shape
- Check Your Tire Pressure at Your Local Belle Tire. All Belle Tire locations offer free air.
- Invest in a good pressure gauge. Remember, gas station gauges are often inaccurate.
- Remember, hot air expands. For accurate pressure readings, always check your tires when they are cold.
- Beat the Heat. In summer, it's best to inflate tires in the morning before the day heats up.
- Check valve stems for cracks or damage. Make sure all valve stems are capped tightly to minimize air loss.
For more, click here: http://www.belletire.com/car-care-tips