PLAINWELL, Mich. -- Pat and Jeff Cooper could only look through the smoldering remnants of their business. Late Sunday night, the Pine Lake Boat and Motor Company caught fire.
"We don't know where it started yet or what caused it. Nobody had been here for about three hours," Pat Cooper told FOX 17.
A gofundme page has been created to help the owners rebuild.
The Coopers said they bought the business seven and a half years ago; the marina opened in 1928. It's a popular, historic landmark.
Pat Cooper said he learned the devastating news from another local businessman.
"It's sickening. I just broke down over and over again," he said.
Cooper said about six motors belonging to customers were destroyed in the blaze. Fortunately, no one was hurt and Cooper said none of the customers' boats were damaged. They're stored at the service center down the road where he said work will continue.
"We're trying to check in to what insurance is going to cover," Cooper said.
He thanks the community for their support.