NEW YORK — Major League Baseball has announced times for the first three games of the Detroit Tigers’ American League Division Series against the Baltimore Orioles.
In Game 1 on Thursday, the Tigers and Orioles will begin play at 5:37 p.m. if the Royals win the American League Wild Card Game or at 6:07 p.m. if the Oakland Athletics win the wild card game.
Game 2 of the series will start at either 12:07 p.m. on Friday in Baltimore if the San Francisco Giants win the National League Wild Card Game or at 3:07 p.m. in if the Pittsburgh Pirates win the wild card game.
The Tigers will host the Orioles at 3:45 p.m. on Sunday in Detroit for Game 3 of the ALDS. The Detroit Lions host the Buffalo Bills at Ford Field starting at 1:00 p.m. creating a difficult traffic and parking situation in downtown Detroit. Times for Games 4 and 5 have not been determined.
ALDS: Tigers vs. Orioles (Best-of-five series)
- Game 1: 5:37 or 6:07 p.m. (ET) Thursday, Oct. 2 @ Baltimore
- Game 2: 12:07 or 3:07 p.m. (ET) Friday, Oct. 3 @ Baltimore
- Game 3: 3:45 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 5 @ Detroit
- Game 4*: TBD Monday, Oct. 6 @ Detroit
- Game 5*: TBD Wednesday, Oct. 8 @ Baltimore
- * = If Necessary