MUSKEGON, Mich. – Muskegon Fire Battalion Chief Gordon Cole said a group of firefighters working to put out a house fire Sunday evening had to be asked who was comfortable enough to carry a pet python to safety.
Cole told FOX 17 News the fire started Sunday evening in the 200 block of Catherine Street in Muskegon.
The two people inside were able to make it out okay, but were worried about their six-foot pet python.
Muskegon Firefighter Scott Hemmelsbach went inside to bring the animal to safety.
The house is considered a total loss.