MICHIGAN — (FOX 17) — My forecast was for a “good old-fashioned” Michigan winter, and so far, it’s been right on track. Here is a look at some of the snowfall totals so far this season, as well as the forecast and comparison to last winter. Grand Rapids’ total so far is a whopping 50″ above where it was last winter.
Here are some other totals across Michigan, where there are reliable weather stations and regular observations:
- Lansing: 36.6″, 8.2″ above normal
- Detroit: 51.1″, 29.4″ above normal
- Flint: 50.1″, 24.3″ above normal
- Sault St. Marie: 82.0″, 5.1″ above normal
Even though there are some locations with below normal snowfall, it isn’t by much:
- Alpena: 40.1″, 5.2″ below normal
- Houghton Lake: 37.5″, 1.8″ below normal
- Marquette: 104.4″, 5.3″ below normal.
More bitterly cold air will result in more accumulating snow. For the latest forecast, join us on FOX 17 News or visit the weather page at http://www.fox17online.com/weather