ALLENDALE, Mich — Grand Valley State University leaders were in attendance at the ground-breaking of a new 151,500 square-foot science building Monday. President Thomas J. Haas spoke, along with Provost Gayle Davis, the biology department chair and more.
The Allendale Science Laboratory Building will be four stories tall and house:
- Nine classrooms
- 15 teaching laboratories
- A computational research lab
- A greenhouse with six different environmental zones
- 8 student study spaces
- 160 faculty and staff offices
- 10 conference rooms
- Graduate assistant and student offices
- 14 faculty/student research laboratories
The building’s eco-friendly design is for LEED silver certification.
Construction is expected to begin in July, and the building is expected to open in the fall of 2015.