Kathi Jo DeYoung of Joyous Journey tells us how to get a good referral.
1.To receive a referral you need to:
- Know specifically what you looking for….a person, a business, or a market.
- Know what you have to offer… a product or service, price, timing, experience or credentials.
- Be able to identify what your value added is and what will be the return on their investment.
2. Referrals for Employment:
- Know the types of job you are looking for..be specific and do research.
- Meet with people you know who trust and respect you.
- Let them know what you are looking for.. a personal connection or a type of work.
- Stay visible…volunteer and do something you believe in.
- Work the process and make sure you follow up.
3. Referrals to grow your business:
- Know the type of client/referral partner you are looking for…be specific.
- Identify where you find these clients and how someone else might recognize them.
- Treat your clients with respect and gratitude and develop a relationship.
- Follow up and follow through…under promise and over deliver.