News

Actions

Firefighter, Homeowner Hurt in House Fire

Posted at 8:52 AM, Feb 27, 2013
and last updated 2013-02-27 11:53:04-05

MATTAWAN, Mich.– A homeowner is recovering after being burned in a house fire, Tuesday night.

According to Chief Terron McLean, it started as an explosion in the garage at a home on the 22,000 block of M 43.

Four people were at home when flames spread from the garage to the house. Chief McLean said the man, who had been doing work in his garage but stepped away, was taken to the hospital for those burns.

A firefighter was also hurt, but the Chief would not comment on his condition.

The Red Cross has been helping the family.