News

Actions

House On Fire, Owners Unaware

Posted at 8:37 PM, Dec 21, 2012
and last updated 2012-12-21 21:03:25-05

PORTAGE, Mich. – A passerby stopped to tell the residents of a Portage home that their house was on fire.

The Portage Fire Department came to the home located at 9240 Portage road. Two people were inside, unaware that the outside of their home was on fire.

Officials were able to gain control over the fire before it damaged the interior of the home.

Officials said they were able to get there in time thanks to the person who stopped and notified the homeowners of the situation.

The PFD said that several mortar joints in the home’s chimney were cracked, which left the structural components open to a fire.

No one was injured. The homeowners were able to stay inside their home.