GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The bridge rehab project on I-196 between US-131 to Market Avenue has caused a number of lane closures and complete closures on weekends since the project began in May, and this weekend will feature another lane closure. But this time it will be longer, in miles.
One lane will be closed on I-196 westbound from Fuller Avenue to Market Avenue. Usually, weekend closures stretch only from US-131 to Market Avenue.
- Lane closure from Fuller Avenue to Market Avenue.
- Begin Friday, 9 p.m., July 17.
- End no later than Monday, 5 a.m., July 20.
- US-131 northbound to I-196 westbound. Detour: Either exit at Leonard Street, enter 131 southbound to 196 westbound; or exit to 196 eastbound, exit at College Avenue, enter 196 westbound.
- Ionia Avenue, downtown Grand Rapids, to I-196 westbound. Detour: East on Michigan Street to College Avenue to 196 eastbound.
Continuing Lane Closure
- Left lane closed I-196 eastbound from Market Avenue to just past Lake Michigan Drive, with a traffic shift and squeeze at Lake Michigan Drive, through October 31.
Continuing Ramp Closure
- Ramp closed from eastbound Lake Michigan Drive to eastbound I-196, through October 31.