LANSING, Mich. — Small businesses impacted by the recent COVID-19 public health order can apply for funding beginning Tuesday at 9 a.m.
Applications will open for the Michigan Small Business Survival Grant program.
“The Michigan Small Business Survival Grants Program will help small businesses throughout Michigan hardest hit by the impact of COVID-19, especially as they continue to experience additional strain in the winter months,” Governor Gretchen Whitmer said in a press release. “This program provides a significant opportunity to address the immediate needs of these businesses, and I strongly encourage all eligible businesses to apply for assistance.”
The Michigan Small Business Survival Grant Program aims to meet the urgent need of Michigan small businesses that have experienced a significant financial hardship since the “gatherings and face mask orders” went into effect.
Grants of up to $20,000 will be awarded to businesses that are fully closed, with grants of up to $15,000 awarded to businesses that have been partially closed, or otherwise are open and can demonstrate an impact.
To help businesses prepare, resources including the application questions, a tutorial video on how to apply, and instructions for registering in the application platform are available on www.michiganbusiness.org/survival.
All submitted applications will be reviewed by the EDOs based on eligibility requirements and local priorities and objectives. Grants will not be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Businesses must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Had 1 to 100 employees (including full-time, part-time and owner/employees) on a world-wide basis on November 17, 2020.
- Is in an industry that demonstrates it is affected by the “gatherings and face mask orders.”
- Needs working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, or other similar expenses.
- Can demonstrate an income loss as a result of the orders as determined by the EDO in which an eligible business is located.
- Is not a live music and entertainment venue that is eligible for the Michigan Stage Survival grant program.