GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — As the limited road construction season continues, drivers are going to encounter more local road closings and new projects on the region’s freeways.
Here is what’s happening beginning May 1.
- Michigan Street intersection with College Avenue closed May 4 – May 30.
- No access to I-196 from Michigan Street.
- Detour: Use Lafayette Avenue, Leonard Street, and Fuller Avenue.
Downtown Grand Rapids
- Division Avenue at Wealthy St
- Intersection closed since April 30 through end of May.
- Detours: Northbound: Logan to Jefferson to Cherry. Southbound: Cherry to Ionia to McConnell. Eastbound: Commerce to Cherry to Jefferson. Westbound: Jefferson to Cherry to Commerce.
- Lane closures eastbound and westbound on I-196 between the Allegan County line and Byron Road Exit 55 May 1 – 22.
- Lane closures on M-89/124th Avenue between 56th Street and M-40 daily 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. May 4 - May 8.
- Double lane closures in downtown #Middleville between Broadway Street and Sherman Street May 4 – May 22.
- Lane closures on I-194 between I-94 and Hamblin Avenue May 4 – July 19.
- Occasional ramp closures at the Dickman Road and Columbia Avenue interchanges.
- Ramp from Sternberg Road to northbound US-31 closed May 4 – May 25.
- Detour: North on Harvey Street, east on Hile Road to northbound US-31.
- M-91 Greenville Road closed between Peck Road and Colby Road May 1 through July 24.
- Detour for when northbound and southbound closed: Sidney to Fitzner to Dickerson Lake Rd.
- Detour when southbound is open: Peck to Fitzner to Dickerson Lake Rd.