GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The weekend features two freeway closures already reported, but next week a number of new road projects will be interrupting traffic flow on and off the freeways.
- Eastbound I-196 closed from Lake Michigan Drive to US-131 from 9 p.m. Friday to no later than 5 a.m. Monday, May 29-June 1.
- Detour: From Ottawa County, east on M-6 to US-131 north.
- Detour: From Lake Michigan Drive, continue on Lake Michigan Drive, north on Lane Avenue to I-196. Or continue on Lake Michigan Drive to US-131.
- Lane closures on US-131 northbound and southbound between 28th St and 44th St weeknights 8 p.m. - 5 a.m., Friday and Saturday nights 8 p.m. to noon on Saturday and Sunday, June 1 – July 17.
- College Avenue closed north of Hastings St, which is just north of the ramps from and to westbound I-196, from June 1 through July 3.
- Detour: Lafayette Avenue between Michigan and Leonard streets.
- Eastbound traffic on I-96 detoured to eastbound M-6 beginning Sunday, May 31, 4 p.m.
- Eastbound I-196 closed for pavement replacement from 32nd Avenue in Hudsonville to the Kenowa Avenue bridge until August.
I-196 Business Loop
- Lane closures on I-196 BL between 104th and 112th avenues daily 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. June 1-3.
- Lane closure on southbound US-31 from Apple Ave to Laketon Ave, with exit ramp closed from southbound US-31 to Laketon Ave, June 1 through Sept. 4.
- Lane closure on northbound US-31 from Sherman Boulevard to Laketon Avenue, with entrance ramp from Laketon Ave to northbound US-31 closed through July 31.
- Dickman Rd closed between I-194 and Riverside Dr June 1-7.
- Lane closures for resurfacing on Dickman Rd and Helmer Rd June 1 – Aug. 28.
- Flag control on M-40 south of the city of Allegan to the county line, from M-89 to Baseline Rd, June 1 – Sept 25.
- Flag control for road work on M-37 beween Golden Lane and Timber Creek Dr June 1 – July 17, weekdays 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Right lane closed on westbound I-96 from Cutler Rd to Sunfield Hwy, Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day and 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night, May 30-31
- Right lane closed on eastbound I-96 from Sunfield Hwy to Cutler Road, Tuesday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day and Tuesday and Wednesday 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night, June 2-4.
M-44 Belding Rd
- Flag crew controlling traffic for road work on M-44 Belding Rd between Montcalm Ave and M-91 Monday and Tuesday June 1-2, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day.