CASCO TOWNSHIP, Mich. — A home near South Haven was damaged after a generator caught fire Monday evening.
It happened around 8:45 p.m. at 143 Blue Star Memorial Highway in Casco Township.
According to South Haven Emergency Services, the homeowner wasn't able to use the phone to call for help, so they drove to the fire station. Fire officials say the generator was recently bought.
Once crews arrived the fire had spread to the home through the attic.
A family cat, initially missing, was found alive in a corner of the garage. No other injuries were reported.