- 2 bunches Lacinto Dino Kale - destemmed & chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup mandarin segments
- 3 tablespoons Pecans
- 3 tablespoons sprouted pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons sprouted sunflower seeds
Rosemary Mandarin Dressing
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup mandarin juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoon Great Lakes Gelatin MCT Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Destem the kale and slice it into thin pieces and place it in a bowl. Pour the olive oil and lemon over the kale and start to massage to soften the kale for a few minutes.
2. Mix in the pomegranate seeds, mandarins, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower. Reserve about 1 tablespoon of each to garnish the top of the salad when done.
3. Slice apple into thin slices with a mandolin or knife. Use a spoon to remove any seeds or core. Arrange the apples on the salad in fan shapes.
4. Top the salad with any remaining ingredients.
5. Option to add grilled rosemary steak or chicken or keep it plant-based and add some hearty roasted veggies.
6. For the dressing, combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix together until emulsified.
7. Top with Rosemary Mandarin Dressing and enjoy.
Enjoy more recipes like this and more at thetrailtohealth.com.