1. The exquisite taste of Anna's House is heading to Grand Haven.
They're moving into a building off Washington Avenue, but they won't be opening until sometime next year because the owners need some time to remodel. They're expected to wrap up in early January.
Hiring and opening dates have yet to be announced. Look for updates on their Facebook page.
2. The first Tupelo Honey restaurant in the Great Lakes Region is now open in downtown Grand Rapids. They'll celebrate their grand opening today!
The restaurant sports the same southern fare as other Tupelo Honey locations, including its signature honey-dusted fried chicken, shrimp and grits, and fried green tomatoes.
Find the restaurant right below the Hyatt Place at the corner of Pearl Street and Ottawa Avenue.
3. Last year, the Salvation Army was able to give away more than 1,300 coats to those in need. But with the loss of jobs due to the pandemic, they expect it to be even more this year.
Throughout October, more than 25 local businesses will be accepting winter wear donations. The items will be distributed to families in November.
If you'd like to donate, they're looking for new and gently used coats and other winter gear.
The Salvation Army is also collecting monetary donations, as well.
4. Amazon is announcing the dates for this year's Prime Day.
The two-day annual sales event usually happens in mid-July, but was postponed this year due to the pandemic. It's now set for October 13 and 14.
Prime Day is Amazon's version of Christmas in the summer, with sales routinely outpacing Black Friday.
The e-commerce giant has never held it this late, and never in the fourth quarter, which also includes Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
The company thinks this year's prime day will be bigger than ever before.
5. We're still a month out from Halloween, but it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Fireball just released new eggnog.
You'll be able to find Fireball Holiday Nog at your local Walmart before the end of this week for about $3 a carton.
The cinnamon-flavored nog is non-alcoholic, so you'll have to add fireball, or another spirit of your choice, to make the final product.