1. Windmill Island Gardens is rolling out the welcome mat a little bit longer this year. The Holland Park is expending their season til the end of October.
While staff will begin tulip planting and other winter preparations, guests can continue to enjoy a virtual windmill tour, Dutch Street organ, gift shop, acres of gardens and much more.
The park will only be open on weekends, with admission costing $9 for guests 9 and older.
2. Calling all job seekers! The Michigan Department of Transportation is hiring.
The virtual job fair will be held tomorrow from 6:30 to 8 in the evening.
Seasonal and permanent position are available with the potential of some of the seasonal ones turning full-time. 100 positions are needed for winter maintenance workers; all skill levels are allowed to attend.
Jobs include electricians, transportation engineers, transportation maintenance workers, and more. Internships are available as well.
To register head to Michigan.gov/mdot.
3. Downtown Kalamazoo is going to be getting a little spooky. This October the second annual Skeletour is back!
Spanning along Michigan Avenue, the Kalamazoo Mall, Rose Street, and Portage Street, skeletons will be displayed ready for people to snap their "skelfie" with. Also, a special display on the north Kalamazoo Mall near the Radisson Plaza Hotel and cornstalks on light poles will truly transform downtown.
To learn more, visit downtownkalamazoo.org.
4. The Honey Baked Hame Company is testing out a pumpkin spice-glazed turkey breast.
You can get one during the month of October, if you're in a select U.S. city.
It will add some seasonal flare to its traditional sweet and crunchy glaze, and you can choose between roasted or smoked varieties.
5. General Mills is coming out with a new cereal that's sure to get you in the Christmas spirit. Limited-edition "Elf" cereal is inspired by Buddy the Elf from the beloved holiday movie.
It features green and red tree-shaped marshmallows and corn puff cereal pieces that are shaped like maple syrup, one of the four main food groups for elves.
The cereal will only be available through the holiday season.