The Grand Rapids Ballet, Michigan's only professional ballet company is now offering a new virtual season for 2020-21, including a reimagined version of The Nutcracker.
business as (un)usual- November 13-15
- A world premiere by Princess Grace Award winner and Beyoncé choreographer Darrell Grand Moultrie.
- A world premiere by Artistic Director James Sofranko featuring a collaboration with violinist Gene Hahn.
- A world premiere by Company dancer Yuka Oba-Muschiana.
- Christopher Stowell’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream pas de deux from the postponed 2019-20 season featuring the music of Felix Mendelssohn.
- Works by Resident Choreographer Penny Saunders and Company dancers Gretchen Steimle and Matthew Wenckowsk.
the nutcracker experience- December 18-27
The beloved holiday classic, with choreography by Val Caniparoli. Enjoy many on-stage moments, behind-the-scenes interviews and rehearsals, and more. Plus there will be a musical accompaniment from the Grand Rapids Symphony.
collective force- March 2021
The world’s most celebrated and in-demand choreographers come together to stage their ballets and create new works, contributing to a performance that will truly be an immersive Tour de Force. In addition, Artistic Director James Sofranko will present an exciting new work featuring the music of Michigan-based cellist Jordan Hamilton.
jumpstart: on film- April 2021
Choreographed by the dancers of Grand Rapids Ballet, this innovative program will also provide them the unique opportunity to explore a completely new layer of creativity and expression: film making.
For more information, visit grballet.com.