Man escapes fire by jumping out second story window

Posted at 4:57 AM, Sep 25, 2017
and last updated 2017-09-25 06:44:35-04

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- One man was injured in an early morning fire after he jumped out of a second story window to escape.

The residential fire broke out early Monday morning at a home at 156 Rose Street SW in Grand Rapids.

Officials on the scene tell FOX 17 that they believe the fire ignited from a candle in the home.

The man reportedly suffered a leg injury from the jump. This incident is still under investigation.