GRAND RAPIDS TOWNSHIP, Mich. — There will be changes this weekend in the interchange at I-96 and Cascade Road in Grand Rapids Township. The two-year project is close to being finished, and the final phase begins:
I-96 at Cascade Road:
Diverging diamond interchange configuration begins, though the Michigan Department of Transportation doesn’t know if it begins Friday night, Saturday, or Sunday (10/21-10/23). (See how the DDI will work)
- Lane closures on Cascade Road through Nov. 5.
- Ramp closed to eastbound I-96 for reconstruction from Monday, Oct. 24, to Nov. 11.
For most of the road construction season, the exit ramp from westbound I-196 to M-11 28th Street has been closed for reconstruction. The project was even extended by a couple of months due to problems encountered during the work. That ramp opened Thursday morning. The ramp provides especially important access in the afternoon commute to the downtown Grandville area and Wilson Avenue.
In Holland, reconstruction of US-31 has been underway since May between 8th Street and Quincy Street:
- All lanes on new pavement will be open either late Saturday or early Sunday.
Preparations continue for a major project on US-131 in the Rockford area:
- Lane closure southbound US-131 from 17 Mile to 10 Mile.
- Saturday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (10/22)
US-131 will soon be closed in Schoolcraft:
- US-131 closed between W Avenue/Eliza Avenue and XY Avenue.
- Begin Monday through November 5.
A major resurfacing project begins in Barry County:
- Daytime lane closures on M-37 between M-79 and Groat Road south of Dowling.
- Begin Monday through November 15.
Nighttime closures scheduled on M-21 Fulton Street this weekend:
- Lane closures in both directions on M-21 from Crahen Avenue to east of the railroad bridge.
- Sunday night to Monday morning 10 p.m. to no later than 6 a.m. (10/23-24)
- There will be 15-minute periods the road will be completely closed.
Kilgore Road will be closing on Sunday:
- Kilgore Road closed in both directions at I-94 for bridge work.
- Begin Sunday through November 10.