GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — After a few weekends where the bridge remained open, the 54th Street bridge over US-131 will be closed again this weekend:
Here’s the rundown:
54th Street over US-131
- Friday 9 p.m. to no later than Monday 7 a.m. (10/7-10/10)
- The on-ramp from westbound 54th Street to southbound US-131 will also be closed.
- The on-ramp from eastbound 54th Street to northbound US-131 will also be closed.
- Detour: From US-131, the exit ramps will be open, but from southbound US-131 you can only go west on 54th Street. Use the 44th Street exit. From northbound US-131 you can only go east on 54th Street. Use the 44th Street exit.
- Detour: From eastbound 54th Street, go south on US-131 to 68th Street, exit and re-enter northbound US-131. from westbound 54th Street, go north on US-131 to 36th Street, exit and re-enter on southbound US-131.
- Alternate detour from 54th Street: go north to 44th Street and enter US-131 from there.
US-131 in Rockford and Cedar Springs
- Lane closures on northbound and southbound US-131 between 10 Mile and 17 Mile.
- Friday until 3 p.m. (10/7)
- Road work continues with traffic shifts after that on northbound and southbound US-131 between 10 Mile and 17 Mile.
- Lane closures on on northbound and southbound US-131 between 17 Mile and the Montcalm County line for repaving.
- Daily 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. through October 18.
Leonard Street and Division Avenue
- Repaving work with lane closures mainly at night.
- Leonard Street between US-131 and Plainfield Avenue.
- Division Avenue between I-196 and Leonard Street.
- Exception: Midday lane closures Friday on Leonard Street between Plainfield Avenue and US-131.
US-131 in Kalamazoo
- Lane closure on southbound US-131 at M-43 W. Main Street.
- Nightly 7 p.m. to no later than 10 a.m. the next morning.
- Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (10/6-8)
- Entrance ramps to southbound US-131 also closed.