GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Major road work on southbound US-131 will cause double lane closures from West River Drive to Pearl Street this weekend. What’s more, the same stretch of highway will see single lane closures on weekdays beginning April 18.
This is sure to cause traffic jams at peak hours Saturday and Sunday, and major backups during the morning commute weekdays.
In addition, the ramp from Ann Street/Turner Avenue to southbound US-131 will be closed beginning 10 p.m. April 15 and will remain closed until July 7.
Here’s the schedule:
Double lane closure on southbound US-131:
- Begins 10 p.m. Friday, April 15, through Sunday 6 p.m., April 17
- Runs from West River Drive to Pearl Street
- Likely recurs on weekends until July 7
Single lane closure on southbound US-131:
- Begins Sunday, April 17, 6 p.m.
- Runs from West River Drive to Leonard Street
- Continues weekdays until July 7
Ramp closure from Ann Street/Turner Avenue to southbound US-131:
- Closes 10 p.m. Friday, April 15
- Remains closed until July 7