GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Monday begins what is likely the busiest week so far in West Michigan’s construction season. While road repair budgets have kept major projects to a minimum, there are many lane closures schedule for maintenance repairs.
US-131 southbound between Ann Street and 28th Street
- Double lane closures through June 11
- Daily 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
I-96 between US-131 and Cascade Road
- Lane closures nightly 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Repaving 3.5-mile segments
- There will be lane closures when pavement markings are laid down on some days 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
I-96 at US-31
- Westbound lane closures beginning west of US-31
- Until June 10 10 a.m.
I-196 at M-11 28th Street ramp closure
- Through early September
- Ramp closed from eastbound I-196 to westbound M-11 28th Street
- Reconstruction of 28th Street
- Detour: exit at Chicago Drive exit 72, south on Chicago Drive to Ivanrest Avenue, south to 28th Street.
US-31 between 24th Street and 32nd Street
- Left lane closures through June
- Southbound will shift over to northbound lanes in first phase
- Reconstruction of railroad tracks
84th Street at Kraft Avenue
- Intersection closed for reconstruction
- Through August 8
- Local traffic north of 84th Street approach from 72nd Street; local traffic south of 84th Street approach from 96th Street
28th Street between Breton Road and Kalamazoo Avenue
- Right lane closures daily 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Through June 12
28th Street at I-196 between Butterworth Street and Church Street, Grandville
- Lane closures through early September
- Reconstruction of 28th Street.
Fulton Street M-21 between I-96 and Spaulding Avenue
- Lane closures westbound between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Lane closures eastbound between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Kalamazoo Avenue north of 44th Street
- Closed through June 19
- Detour: Use Eastern Avenue or Breton Road
Kalamazoo Avenue between Fuller Avenue and Burton Street
- Closed from June 10 through June 16
Sprinkle Road between E. Michigan Avenue and E. Main Street
- Lane closures for resurfacing and other repairs
- Through August
Wilson Avenue between Lake Michigan Drive and I-196
- Flag control for repaving
- Nightly 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Through August 3