HUDSONVILLE, Mich. — Traffic jams have become a daily headache for commuters in Ottawa County on I-196.
The backups are caused by one long-term lane closure and another short-term closure, and they are round-the-clock:
- Lane closure at 22nd Avenue for bridge work
- Now through Nov. 7
- Lane closure from 32nd Avenue to 48th Avenue
- Now through Friday, Sept. 26
- This road work took place last week as well, so it could recur
Here’s a review of other current projects:
- Lane closures eastbound and westbound between Cascade Road and 28th Street
- All work is done at night
- Now until Friday, Sept. 26, 5 a.m.
56th Street bridge over I-196, Holland
- Bridge closed
- Originally scheduled to open Sept. 24, the closure has been extended through Oct. 17.