KALAMAZOO, Mich. (March 10, 2014) — This winter has taken a toll on roadways and homes here in Michigan. If you already know that you will be faced with some projects this spring, Habitat for Humanity Restores are a great place to start. Just to name a few places, these stores can be found in Greenville, Comstock Park, Grand Rapids, Hastings and Kalamazoo.
Restores sell everything from new, used and overstocked materials that are donated by manufacturers, contractors and individuals. In return, it’s at a discounted cost to the public.
If you have items you would like to donate, they accept:
- Appliances (no dishwashers) – in good working condition
- Area rugs – new only
- Bathroom and kitchen fixtures
- Carpeting – new only
- Counter tops – solid surface only
- Doors – interior, exterior, patio with frame only
- Drywall – 4 ft. sheet minimum
- Furniture – no rips or tears
- Hand tools
- Lighting fixtures
- Lumber / plywood – minimum 3 ft. lengths, nail-free
- Power tools
- Roofing materials
- TVs – less than 5 years old
- Vinyl siding and accessories
- Windows – double pane, vinyl or aluminum clad exterior only
- Wood trim and flooring
To learn more about Habitat for Humanity Restores in your area, click here.