GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Depending on when you use the interchange of US-131 and I-196, a different ramp may be closed over the weekend. Lane closures are also on the schedule.
All ramp and lane closures will take place sometime between Saturday 6 a.m. (8/24) and Sunday 9 p.m. (8/25).
The Michigan Department of Transportation released a last-minute notice on the closures midday on Friday, with planned detours. The notice said ramps will be closed one at a time but did not say which ramp will be closed when:
Ramp closed, northbound US-131 to westbound I-196
- Detour: Continue northbound, exit at Leonard Street, enter southbound US-131 to westbound I-196.
Ramp closed, southbound US-131 to westbound I-196
- Detour: continue southbound to Market Avenue, enter northbound US-131 to the left exit to westbound I-196.
Ramp closed, northbound US-131 to eastbound I-196
- Continue northbound to Ann Street, enter southbound US-131 to the left exit to eastbound I-196.
Ramp closed, eastbound I-196 to southbound US-131
- Detour: continue eastbound on I-196 to College Avenue, enter westbound I-196 to the left exit to southbound US-131.
Ramp closed, Lane Avenue to eastbound I-196.
- Detour: take Bridge Street eastbound over the Grand River, join eastbound I-196 from the Ionia Avenue ramps.