GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — HopCat 12th Anniversary
● HopCat celebrates their 12th Anniversary on January 25th
● Guests recieve free Cosmik Fries between 11:00 am and 5:00 pm at HopCat locations, including Grand Rapids downtown, Holland, Kalamazoo, and East Lansing.
● The annual Cosmik Fries eating contest is at 3:00 pm for guests 18 & up, with prizes including $500 for first place, $100 for 2nd, and $25 for third. Sign up at your local HopCat location
● Each location will be offering special craft beers
● In addition to the anniversary celebrations, HopCat will be announcing new menu items beginning January 27th, such as the Decide the Fries winner, Shashuka Fries
Winter Celebrations in St. Joseph
● There are two weekends of special events and winter fun in St. Joseph!
● Warm upi at the 8th Annual Chili Tour, January 24th at “Chili Stops” around downtown. Get started at the St. Joseph Today Welcome Center with a $2 per person registration fee which gives you a Chili Tour Map and doubles as your voting ballot.
● Stay for the St. Joe Winter Beer Festival, noon-4:00 pm, on Saturday, January 25th, and sample from local and regional breweries. Guests must be 21 and over. Tickets $35 and available at stjoetoday.com or at the St. Joeseph Today Welcome Center
● 16th Annual Magical Ice Festival is January 31st-February 2nd with ice carving competitions, parties, and magic shows. Make it a weekend getaway with Magical Ice Festival packages at the Boulveard Inn & Bistro or The Inn at Harbor Shores
Wine, Glide & Dine at Sarett Nature Center
● Grab your cross-country skis and head to Sarett Nature Center in Benton Harbor for an evening glide along the trails January 25th, 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
● Stop to enjoy a fire & hot cider or taste three of the six varieties of wine from 12 Corners Vineyards
● The lighted trail will end back at the nature center where more drinks and a variety of soup will be waiting
● Guests are encouraged to bring a dish or snack to pass as well as head lamps
● Cost is $5, or $3 for nature center members
● If there is not enough snow for skiing, the event will include an evening walk along the trails
Learn to Luge Weekends
● Head to the Musekgon Luge & Sports Complex and learn to luge on one of only 4 luge tracks in the U.S. Saturdays & Sundays through March 8th
● The luge experience includes a lesson with a trained coach, equipment needed to enjoy your ride, and 3-5 runs down the track
● Participants need to be at least 8 years old
● TIckets range $49-$55. Sign up at msports.org